Celebrate World Kindness Day!
"World Kindness Day" is an international holiday that was formed in 1998 to promote kindness throughout the world and is observed annually on November 13th as part of the world kindness movement. At GSSA Headquarters - we encourage everyone to celebrate kindness all this week!
The purpose of world kindness day is to acknowledge and honor good deeds and the power of kindness.
How to Observe World Kindness Day
Help someone with household chores
Ask how someone is doing
Message someone a good day
Smile at strangers
- The word "Kindness" has roots in the Old English word "Kyndes" which means
- Although "World Kindness Day" is not affiliated with religion or politics, over 28 nations
over 28 nations participate in "World Kindness Day."
- People who are kind have less stress by 23%
A few more Kindness Facts
* Kindness can be a truly selfless act. Science states when you do a good deed or kindness to someone, it activates an area of the brain called the “striatum” which responds to situations we find rewarding by releasing a “warm-glow” type of feeling.
* Kindness is not the same as being nice, it's based on our own ethics, values and own beliefs.
* Kindness is rooted in empathy and acceptance.
"World Kindness Day reminds us to always keep the kindness in us alive to make this world a better place to live." - Anonymous
Written and Submitted by GSS Agent#3013
The Be Kind to People Project.org